Miss the open spaces that the beach has to offer? Do the warm sunshine and relaxing sounds of waves call to you?
Here’s our suggestion: treat yourself to a beach vacation.
While that sounds straightforward enough, there is one thing that you probably aren’t looking forward to: packing for your trip. It’s tedious, and just the thought of forgetting to bring an important thing or two can be downright stressful.
But packing for the beach can be as stress-free as a fun day under the sun. And to make it easier for you, we prepared this checklist of essentials you have to bring on your vacation.
How long do you plan to stay at the beach resort? Factor in the duration of your trip as you figure out the number of clothes you’ll bring.
Make sure that everything is comfortable to wear and appropriate for the season! You might also want to check the weather before you pack.
- Casual tops
- Shorts, skirts, or breezy pants
- Dinner outfits (including shoes)
- Underwear and socks
- Small bag
- Flip-flops or beach sandals
- Sportswear (if you’re planning to work out or do any physical activities)
- Running shoes
- Sweater or jacket (in case it gets cold come nighttime)
Since you’re going to spend a lot of time on the shore, you’ll need to be comfortable with the sun and sand. So unless you want to get sunburned or stay in your hotel throughout your trip, you’ll have to bring these items to make the most of your vacation.
- Beach tote
- Rashguard and cover-ups
- Sun hats
- Goggles or snorkeling set
- Lip balm with SPF
- Lotion or moisturizer for after-sun care
- Beach blanket
- Portable cooler
- Waterproof bag for phones
Not a fan of hotel shower gels and soaps? Save yourself the trouble of taking a trip to the area’s convenience store–bring a complete set of your preferred toiletries.
Remember to keep your toiletries in a separate bag! That way, you can avoid your liquid bath essentials from spilling all over your stuff. And when all of your toiletries are packed in a single bag, you can easily reach for them whenever you have to wash off the sand.
- Hair products (shampoo and conditioner)
- Dental products (toothbrush, toothpaste, and floss)
- Feminine products
- Tissue, paper towel, and wet wipes
- Hand sanitizer
Electronics and Entertainment
Stave off boredom during the long road trip ahead, rainy days, or your downtime. Bring the fun to the beach by packing a few devices, board games, or sports gear.
But before you bring any of these items, you might want to check with your hotel for amenities. And don’t forget that you’re going to spend most of your time outdoors, so you’ll have to keep these things to a minimum.
- Kindle or other ebook readers
- Chargers and adapters
- Power bank
- Portable speaker
- Sports equipment (e.g. basketball, volleyball, skateboard, tennis bag, and surfboard)
- Cards and board games
No matter where you plan to hold your beach trip, it’s important to come prepared with items for emergencies or all-day comfort. From your time on the road to the night at the hotel, these essentials will definitely come in handy.
- Water bottle
- Wallet, cash, and credit or debit cards
- Driver’s license, passport, or other important IDs
- Travel documents and hotel booking details
- Insurance cards
- Emergency numbers
- Medicines (prescription, pain relievers, and vitamins)
- First-aid kit
- Bug repellent
- Plastic bags for dirty laundry
Keep in mind that you can always buy anything you’ve forgotten to pack from nearby malls or stores. And don’t forget the most important thing: have fun on your trip!
Westmount at Three Fountains Apartments in San Antonio, TX