Some nights call for a dinner you can whip up for your family in a matter of minutes. When that happens, rely upon this tasty, super-quick, and easy Eggplant Parmesan recipe. Composed of simple, household staples, thick rounds of eggplant, and plenty of crunchy breadcrumbs, this is one Italian meal you’ll find yourself making again and again! Best of all, you don’t even have to turn on your oven to complete this meal. For the ultimate in quick-cooking, try this Eggplant Parmesan recipe tonight!
• 1 egg
• 1 tablespoon water
• 1 small eggplant, cut into 3/4-inch-thick slices
• 1 cup dried breadcrumbs, seasoned
• 1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
• ¼ cup spaghetti sauce
• ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
• 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1. In a small bowl beat the egg and water together. Place the breadcrumbs in a shallow dish. Dip eggplant slices in egg mixture then in crumbs, being sure to coat thoroughly.
2. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add eggplant slices and reduce heat to medium. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until golden brown and tender.
3. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over eggplant during the last minute of cooking to melt.
4. While eggplant is cooking, combine spaghetti sauce and pepper flakes in a microwave-safe measuring cup. Cover with plastic wrap and cook at high power for 2 minutes or until heated through.
5. Top eggplant with sauce and Parmesan cheese and serve.
There’s nothing like expanding your meal plan with a new recipe! Westmount at Three Fountains Apartments in San Antonio, Texas is proud to introduce you to new meal ideas that will keep your family and friends coming back for more.