Coming up with new meal ideas can be a challenge. Luckily, Westmount at Three Fountains, the premier apartments in San Antonio TX, makes it simple by presenting deliciously realistic options, such as this one!
In thinking of all the delicious options for your next meal, consider this beef burger alternative. Because, let’s face it, you might be burned out on ground beef, or you just might be in the mood to switch up your cyclical repertoire of recipes. With that being said, it never hurts to put a spin on an old favorite with this recipe for Salmon Burgers. Not only are the burgers delicious themselves, but salmon is also rich in antioxidants, protein, vitamins, and minerals. So, ring the dinner bell tonight and serve up this restaurant-worthy meal, courtesy of the best apartments off 151 San Antonio Texas.
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless salmon
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 shallots, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup coarse breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- Salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter or olive oil
- Lemon wedges
- Cut the salmon into large chunks and put about a quarter of it into a food processor, along with the mustard. Turn the machine on, and let it run until the mixture becomes pasty.
- Add the shallots and the remaining salmon and pulse the machine on and off until the fish is chopped and well combined with the puree. No piece should be larger than a 1/4 inch or so; be careful not make the mixture too fine.
- Scrape the mixture into a bowl, and by hand, stir in the breadcrumbs, capers and some salt and pepper. Shape into four burgers.
- Place the butter or oil in a 12-inch non-stick skillet and turn the heat to medium-high. When the butter foam subsides or the oil is hot, cook the burgers for 2 to 3 minutes a side, turning once.
- Serve on a bed of greens or on buns or by themselves with lemon wedges.