After a long day, it can be tempting to order take-out for dinner. Instead of settling, the team at Westmount at Three Fountains Apartments in San Antonio would like to suggest this delicious and nutritious alternative!
Did you know that it didn’t have to be Taco Tuesday to enjoy this flavorful recipe for Chorizo Street Tacos? Boasting a heap of delicious chorizo sausage, crisp chipotle peppers, and your favorite toppings, these tacos will quickly become a staple in your fully equipped kitchen. Best of all, since they’re both budget-friendly and easy to make, you can make them for lunch, dinner, or even a late-night snack. Take a look at the ingredients and directions below, courtesy of the best apartments near Ingram Mall.
- 1 chorizo sausage link, casing removed and meat crumbled
- 2 tablespoons chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 4 corn tortillas
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, or to taste (optional)
- Toppings for your tacos (optional)
- Mix chorizo and chipotle peppers in adobo sauce together in a bowl.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat; add chorizo mixture and cook until crisp, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer chorizo to a plate, reserving grease in the skillet.
- Heat tortillas in the reserved grease in skillet over medium heat until warmed, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Stack 2 tortillas on top of each other for each taco.
- Fill with chorizo, onion, and cilantro. Add toppings, as desired.